If you'd prefer to have a private music lesson or would like one-to-one tuition between group rehearsals, Susie and Katrina also have a private teaching practice in Thurso. We are currently making up our new timetable for 2016 so please do get in touch if you'd like to book lessons for yourself or your child. The first lesson is always free of charge.
In order to meet increasing demand for after-school slots, we've just opened up a new timetable for both of our teaching rooms to include some new Saturday afternoon lesson times, so get in touch to snap them up while they're still available!
Whatever your starting point, can help you to take your music making to the next level. We delight in teaching a wide variety of students of all ages. You can choose to have an individual lesson, share your lesson with a friend, or learn in a small group. We have a selection of instruments available for you to try before you choose, and you can borrow an instrument for a few months to get you started. Lessons are available on the following instruments:
- Piano / keyboard
- All woodwind (including recorder, saxophone, flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon)
- All brass (including french horn, trumpet and brass band instruments)
- Vocal coaching (including language coaching in French, Italian, German and Russian for advanced singers)
- Orchestral string instruments - if you're looking for a friendly teacher in the early stages of learning to play a string instrument, we can help.
We enjoy teaching students of all ages. The best age to begin depends on which instrument you want to play - we are happy to teach piano or recorder from around six years of age. As well as working with school aged children, we love helping adult learners. No previous musical experience is necessary, so don't be shy! In addition to instrumental tuition, we also offer:
- Help with SQA exam preparation up to Advanced Higher level
- Help with ABRSM theory exam preparation up to grade 8 level
- Mentoring for conductors of youth and amateur music groups
- One-to-one support for composers at all levels. Get detailed feedback on your compositions or support to get started if you're new to composing.
- Support for primary school class teachers who want to develop their musical skills as part of their continuing professional development.
Whatever your musical needs, we'll do our very best to help you. If you'd like more information or to book a lesson, please contact us.
Remember, music making is a reflection of life, so always follow our one simple rule: enjoy yourself!